IBM Rational ClearCase 7.0: Master the Tools That Monitor, Analyze, and Manage Software Configurations
2011 | 360 Pages | ISBN: 1849680124 | PDF | 5 MB
Undeniably, IBM Rational ClearCase is one of the major Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools on the market, and an integral part of a development environment. It introduced significant novelties into SCM, making it an original and insightful tool, and it"s precisely these features that are often underutilized by ClearCase users.
This book is a practical guide that highlights and demonstrates those specific functions not traditionally expected from an SCM tool, and supported only by ClearCase.
What you will learn from this book :
• Master ClearCase command line essentials with Perl"s text handling capabilities
• Take full advantage of audited dependencies to support truly incremental development
• Extend ClearCase with powerful Perl modules
• Gain a wealth of troubleshooting tips and tricks for ClearCase, using the tool as a wholly distributed system
• Get fully acquainted with a novel model of branching and publishing for optimizing distribution with ClearCase
• Shed new light on testing from a Software Configuration Management perspective
• Understand the value of focusing on derived objects, and also learn how to avoid generating duplicates
• Get to grips with using ClearCase MultiSite to design processes that are stable over distribution